A 53 year old grandma Jane Jeakings is currently considering taking legal actions after her face swelled, her vision blurred and her eyebrows were left looking like “two black slugs” after she had her eyebrows tinted and waxed at a nail salon.

Currently Jane is in the hospital taking 16 tablets of strong medication daily following a painful reaction.

Her vision became blurry due to the much swelling on her face, which is leaking pus-like fluid four days shortly after the procedure.

According to report The salon known as “Nails Tech in Bristol” said it will no longer carry out eyebrow tinting or waxing.

The grandmother-of-four had warned others about the dangers of undergoing beauty treatments before having performed research and looked into the provider.

She said: “The pain is horrendous and I felt like my face was blowing off.

I’m not normally the sort of person who makes a fuss but it got worse and worse with each day. I’m devastated.

“My whole face is very sore and my vision is blurred because of the swelling.

“It’s too early to know whether my eyebrows will ever grow back but I’ll just have to wear glasses when I go out.”

Her 29 year old daughter Vicky Tucker also slammed the salon.

She said: “They weren’t qualified to do this. Her face has now ballooned and we had to get the paramedics out as her eyebrow was burnt off while her face is puffing really badly.

“It’s like two black slugs on her eyebrows. The salon said to keep it on for an hour but this was the wrong advice, and it should have only been left on for five-10 minutes
max and never put on straightaway.

“I did some research which suggested that they shouldn’t even tint after a wax as the follicles will be open.

“I want this to be a warning to others – do your research on the people you are going to, don’t go to a nail salon but a proper beauty therapist.”

A worker Dung Nguyen, from the salon, has apologised to Mrs Jeakings online, describing it as a “terrible accident”.

Dung said: “I read your post and really apologize for what happened to your mother. We didn’t intentionally & didn’t expect it to happen.

“It was a terrible accident.

“I have working for many years and rarely have skin allergies with clients, sad to know this.

“I didn’t know she had sensitive skin & she didn’t tell us about that. But I sincerely apologize.

I would like to be able to visit her and help her in our capacity if that’s alright for u.

“Hope u will reply soon!

“I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here